Salon Assistant Job Requirements
- Employee Schedule and Hours: This position plays an integral role in the success of Seasons Salon. This position holds 3-6 hours per week, preferably 2-2.5 hours on two different days. The days are Wednesday, Thursday and/or Friday. During Holiday weeks the hours/days will vary. This is considered a flexible schedule, all the while being very set and specific to the duties needed. This is a State Certified Salon and we adhere to those rules.
- Client Interaction: This position does require Client Interaction and Communication. The SA will need to answer the phone, check voicemails, and perform phone calls to confirm appointments. Additionally, they must greet clients at the reception area, offer water, a stool, and/or something of comfort to clients. Occasionally, they will need escort clients to the elevator. The SA can talk to and personally get to know the clients of Seasons Salon. They can accept small gifts. The SA will be asked to schedule appointments and update client records. Confidentiality will be needed at times.
- Cleaning: The SA will do extensive cleaning within Seasons Salon, both to the rules of the State of Wisconsin, as well as directed by the Owner/Manager/Stylists. Some duties include, but are not limited to: Brush/comb sanitizing, station cleaning, product and product shelf cleaning, dusting/sanitizing stations/dryers/shampoo chairs, washing/folding/putting away towels, cleaning mirrors and windows, mopping/wiping down of floor within the salon and entrance area, and seasonal deep cleaning.
- Shopping/Errands: Shopping & Errands are limited. A vehicle might be needed on occasion to handle Shopping & Errands. Potential S/E needs include: Bank runs for quarters, beauty supply shop for salon products, misc. stores for supplies. Shopping & Errands driving to/from and errand/shopping time should be put onto the timesheet.
- Social Media: The SA will be asked to update Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and/or Website details. The SA should have skills, ideas, interest for/in Social Media.
- Accounting/Business Applications: The Salon Assistant will need to be able to count, be asked to perform basic/advanced math/counting/accounting duties, and perform some electronic/computer applications. They will also prepare and send “On Account” statements.